Hill Stations Near Patna:
The capital of the state of Bihar, Patna is one of the oldest cities in the country. Known as Pataliputra in ancient times, Patna is steeped in history. Founded in 490 BC by the Magadh emperors, Patna has continuously been the seat of power and learning under various rulers. These include Haryana, Nandas, Mauryas, Shunga, Gupta and the Palas. Patna continues to thrive as a city and is still a seat of learning, culture, and heritage in the country. To get away from the hiccups of daily life, the various hill stations near Patna serve instant respite.
- Hazaribagh: The hidden jewel situated amongst the thick forests and unusual rock formations is the hill station of Hazaribagh. Lakes, lush foliage Hazaribagh offers Canary Hills, Hazaribagh Jheel and the Hazaribagh National Park to explore when you visit the area.
- Kathmandu, Nepal: The capital of Nepal, Kathmandu is a spectacular getaway from Patna. Located at a distance of 371 kms, the city offers the most picturesque views of the daunting Himalayas. The serene setting also makes for spiritual and religious exploration with the numerous temples and shrines that dot the city. These include Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and others.
- Rajgir, Bihar: A prominent hill station close to Patna, Rajgir is just 95 kms from Patna. The center of Buddhist spirituality, Rajgir offers beautiful views and a deep serenity that refreshes the mind and the body as well. The places to visit in Rajgir include Venuvana, Japanese Stupa, Griddhakuta and others.
- Darjeeling, West Bengal: The beautiful hill station of Darjeeling is the most popular places to visit to escape the daily routines of life from Patna. The lingering aroma of the tea gardens, the colonial churches and monasteries, and the toy train make for the pleasant trip.
- Other hill stations near Patna include Kalimpong, Pelling, Siliguri, and others.
The numerous hill stations near Patna provide a much-needed relief from the rigors of life. The proximity to nature with its flora and fauna in full bloom is an experience that will stay with you forever,