The more we have confidence on our smartphones for every aspect of our lives, the very risky thing is that of losing important data if your phone get destroyed or stolen. Android have some built in functions, but the profoundly popular chat WhatsApp has just declared publicly with Google to make sure its millions of users don’t lose anything important to them.
WhatsApp users on Android now have the option for backing up their full WhatsApp history to Google Drive. The backup includes voice message, photos, and videos and you can easily store that data to a new mobile phone when you install WhatsApp.
HOW TO CREATE GOOGLE DRIVE BACKUP:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Menu Setting-> Go to settings-> Go to chats and calls-> Chat backup.
- Select Backup to start your Google Drive Backup.
HOW TO RESTORE FROM A GOOGLE DRIVE BACKUP:
- The Google account from which you are going to perform the backup should be added on your mobile phone.
- Install Again WhatsApp.
- After installing they will ask you to enter your phone number, you will be highlighted to restore your media from Google Drive.
- After restoring that messages click on next link and your chat will be display as it is.
- After completion of storing again data, later WhatsApp will restore your media files.
HOW TO DELETE YOUR BACKUP FILE FROM GOOGLE DRIVE ACCOUNT:
- Go to (https://drive.google.com). Login to your account. If you are using this from your mobile phone, you have to click on menu button on the top corner on the left side and then select your version to desktop.
- Select Gear icon on the right-hand side -> Go to settings-> manage Apps.
- Find out WhatsApp from that following list.
- After finding WatsApp wait until “Hidden app data” comes up.
- Select on Options-> delete that hidden app data.
Hope you find this article interesting and helpful.