Available Now: Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Mp3 Download
Mrityunjaya Mantra, also called “Rudra mantra” is found in the Hindu Vedic Texts of “Rig veda VII.59.12”, “Yajur Veda III.60″, Atharva Veda XIV.1.17” and “Shiva Purana” to mention among others. According to the legend, Mantra was given by Lord Shiva himself to Demon’s Sage Shukracharya. Given below are the details for mahamrityunjaya mantra mp3 along with the download link.
- Music Label: T-Series
- Singer(s): Anuradha Paudwal
- Song Duration: 4:13 mins
Lyrics of the Song
- Native Sanskrit Version
==ॐ हौम् ॐ जूम् सः बूर्भुवस्सुवह==
त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनात् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात्
==बूर्भुवस्सुवरों जूम् सः हौम् ॐ।।इति।।==
- English Translation
==Oṁ houm om joom saha Boorbhuvassuaha==
Tryambakaṁ yajāmahe sugandhiṁ puṣṭi-vardhanam ǀ
Urvārukam-iva bandhanātmṛtyormukṣīya māmṛtāt
==Boorbhuvassuvarom joom saha houm om ǁitiǁ==
- English Meaning of Lyrics
We worship the Tri-Netra Lord, who is fragrant and who nourishes and nurtures all beings. (1)
As is the ripened cucumber (with the intervention of the gardener) is freed from its bondage (to the creeper), may he free us from death for the sake of immortality. (2)
- Word By Word Meaning of Lyrics
- ॐ = oṁ = is a sacred/mystical syllable in Sanatan Dharma or hindu religion, i.e.
Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism (symbol of ultimate reality).
- त्र्यम्बकम् = tryambakam, त्रि (Try=Three)+ अम्बकम् (Ambakam=Eyes)= “one who has three eyes” referring to Rudra or Siva all of whom share the same attributes. (1) Primarily, in His ‘vishwaroopa’ or universal form, the three eyes symbolically signify the sun, moon and fire. Sunlight during the day, moon at night and fire in their absence means illumination. (2) Secondly, the pair of eyes render sight to the material world and its experiences. The third eye is symbolic of ‘atma-gyana’ or knowledge of the Self through which one sees the higher reality. Kamadeva or Manmatha is the God of Desire perennially churning the mind and causing restlessness.
- यजामहे=yajāmahe = We worship, adore, honour and revere you
- सुगन्धिम् = sugandhim = sweet smelling, the fragrant (spiritual Essence). The fragrance The word in the mantra does not refer to physical fragrance, i.e perfume but fragrance of character. Perfume originates from a source and spreads to a reasonable distance. As such noble character spreads with warmth.
- पुष्टि = puṣṭi = A well-nourished condition, thriving, prosperous with fullness of life.
- वर्धनम् vardhanam = is one who nourishes, strengthens or restores (in health, wealth, well-being); a good gardener.
- उर्वारुकमिव urvārukamiva: उर्वारु, (Urvaaru=Cucumber) इव (Iva=Like, In the same manner)= like the cucumber, here ‘urva’ means ‘vishal’ or big, powerful or deadly. ‘Arukam’ means disease. Thus ‘urvarukam means deadly and overpowering diseases. The pumpkin or cucumber interpretation represents detachment. The diseases are those caused by the negative effects of the three gunas and therefore (a) ‘avidya’ – ignorance or falsehood and (b) ‘sadripu’ – a constraint of the physical body.
- बन्धनात् (bandhanāt)= means bound down, Bondage [of Samsara or Worldly Life]’I am bound down just like a cucumber (to a vine)’.
- मृत्यु (mrtyu) = Death
- मुक्षीय (mukṣīya) = Liberation
- मृत्योर्मुक्षीय mṛtyormukṣīya = Free, Liberate us from the fear of Death
- मामृतात् (Maa-Amrtaat): Liberate us from the death (for the sake of Immortality); मा (Maa) = Not, अमृत (Amrta) = Immortal
Benefits of Recitation
- It is aids towards good mental, emotional and physical health.
- Gives the Longevity of life.
- Helps attain immortality (enlightenment).
Note: Above song is available online on the below link: