Release the Snydercut is a movement that is running in full flow now more than ever. Last month was the 2 year anniversary of Justice League, and it is then that all the actors also came in support of releasing the Snydercut. The world is divided on whether the Justice League Snydercut exists or not. Well, it does exist and Zack Snyder has given us the proof upon it once and for all. He posted this image:
So it is locked somewhere we do not know. But what’s important to not here is that this director’s cut is heck long! The Run time mentioned here is 214 minutes. That means the movie that Snyder Assembled was 3 hours and 34 minutes long. And what we got in the theatres was just 2 hours, which also included scenes that were reshot by Joss Whedon. So there’s almost 2 hours’ worth of footage that we haven’t seen from Justice League.
Recently Variety posted an update on WB’s plans for the release of Snyder Cut. They claimed that a WB insider this of the Snydercut – “That’s a pipe dream. There’s no way it’s ever happening.” Well, it is upon WB whether they’d want to release it or not. But Snyder has ended the argument of this cut being a pipe dream. It’s real, it exists and it is longer than any other Superhero movie.
People are relentless that WB doesn’t want to release this version of Justice League, which could have been really awesome. Darkseid was going to be the main villain and we would have seen a bit of him in the Snydercut. Comicbook.com has given us a few details of how Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice & Justice League together were setting up 2 more Justice League sequels. Here are those details which CB.com wrote and they stretch as far as Justice League 3:
- “Snyder’s Justice League would play like the theatrical version, with one ending twist: Darkseid revealing himself to the League, as Steppenwolf’s master.
- Justice League 2 would’ve gone cosmic, with the League mounting an attack on Apokolips and Darkseid. That major event would’ve brought the New Gods of New Genesis and the Green Lantern Corps into the mix.
- The second movie would’ve ended on a dark and ominous loss, as Darkseid thrashed the Justice League and killed Lois Lane, taking Superman prisoner and creating the “Dark Superman” we saw in Batman v Superman through the Anti-Life Equation
- Justice League 3 would’ve seen Darkseid invade Earth without the League there to defend it, conquering the planet and creating the “Knightmare” reality in Batman v Superman.
- Through several time travel loops (including Flash’s failed warning to Bruce in Batman v Superman) Batman would have to reach Superman and bring him back on the side of good, so that the League could defeat Darkseid and save the world.”
So all of this is basically similar to what happened in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. But WB ran from this vision and made a huge mistake. Nevertheless, there’s one more detail that Comicbook.com missed out on, and that’s the death of Batman. Yes, Batfleck was supposed to die. We’ve heard that before but people were doubtful of when this death was supposed to happen. In the above chat, Snyder confirmed that Batman was supposed to sacrifice himself in the final part, i.e. Justice League 3.
We hope that WB will come to their senses and will release the Snydercut on HBO Max. They could actually lure subscribers onto HBO Max by putting the film on the streaming portal. The world is crazy to see it, and this might actually be the right way given that Snyder would return to work on the film again. His vision was clearly much stronger and had a whole lot than what we ended up seeing. The Snyder Cut could just be a one off thing and WB won’t have to release another Justice League film after that. This is what they fans want and they should be served.