Lord of the Rings is an epic masterpiece in the fantasy genre, directed by Peter Jackson. The franchise will live on for ages. Ian McKellen pulled off a remarkable performance as Gandalf who helped Frodo realize his destiny. If you have read The Lord of the Rings or watched the movies you would know that the series beat Harry Potter in some aspects and is surely an epic story of adventure and fellowship. A big similarity between Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter has always been the huge number of mystical creatures or Fantastic beasts in both the series. The two biggest franchises of all time have been Tolkien’s middle earth adventure Lord of the Rings and JK Rowling’s modern-day wizard tale Harry Potter. It has been more than a decade since the last Potter book came out and the middle earth adventure is well more than half a century old. Still, these two series are loved even today and hold a special place in our hearts. We can’t help but notice that both these franchises have a lot of similarities that go beyond the basic good vs evil theme. Well, here are 20 Best Quotes From Lord Of The Rings for you to enjoy.
20 Best Quotes From Lord Of The Rings
1) Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Great Eye, is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!Legolas: Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!Gimli: And I suppose you think you’re the one to do it!Boromir: And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!Gimli: I will be dead before I see the Ring, in the hands of an Elf!
2) Aragorn: You draw too much attention to yourself, ‘Mister Underhill’. [shoves Frodo into a vacant room]Frodo Baggins: What do you want?Aragorn: A little more caution from you, that’s no trinket you carry.Frodo Baggins: I carry nothing.Aragorn: Indeed. I can avoid being seen, if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.
3) Saruman: Embrace the power of the ring, or embrace your own destruction!Gandalf: There can be only one Lord of the Rings, only one who can bend them to his will. And he does not share power! (Jumps onto Gwahir, the Eagle)Saruman: So you have chosen death.
4) Elrond: The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. The ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this.
5) Pippin: You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission…quest…thing.Pippin: Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of… mission… quest … thing.Meriadoc ‘Merry’ Brandybuck: Well that rules you out, Pip.
6) Boromir: What is this new devilry?Gandalf: A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you. Run!
7) Gandalf: What did you hear? Speak!Samwise ‘Sam’ Gamgee: N-nothing important. That is, I heard a great deal about a ring, a Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but… Please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don’t hurt me. Don’t turn me into anything… unnatural.
8) Queen Galadriel: The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost. For none now live, who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Rings. Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven, to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire power. For within these Rings was bound the strength and will to govern each race. But they were all of them, deceived. For another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark lord Sauron forged in scret a master ring to control all others. And into this ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Ring to rule them all…
9) Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Great Eye, is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!Legolas: Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!Gimli: And I suppose you think you’re the one to do it!Boromir: And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!Gimli: I will be dead before I see the Ring, in the hands of an Elf!
10) Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop ’till nightfall.Pippin: What about breakfast?Aragorn: Haven’t you had that already?Pippin: We’ve had one yes. What about second breakfast?
11) Gimli: No one tosses a Dwarf.
12) Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life…Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.
13) Sauron: Give up the halfling, She-Elf.Arwen: “If you want him, come and claim him!”.
14) It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.
15) It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.
16) Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.
17) Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
18) There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.
19) A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.
20) Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.
Aniket is the Chief Operating Officer of QuirkyByte. Apart from handling the workforce, he enjoys watching TV shows and Movies.