MCU Heroes & Villains:
Marvel Cinematic Universe has been the biggest brand of Hollywood for a couple of years now, and 2018 just cemented its spot at the top. 2019 MCU movies will completely blow things through the roof now as we are going to see the culmination of the MCU as we know it. Avengers: Endgame is coming out in less than 4 months and it will probably pay off to almost every loose thread that has been left by films till now.
Last year, Marvel celebrated the 10 years of MCU and gathered almost every big name in the MCU under one roof for a big photoshoot. We got a bunch of images from Entertainment Weekly as well, assembling the characters of the MCU. Now, Marvel has put out two more MCU posters assembling all the heroes and the villains we have seen in the MCU till now. Have a look:
Don’t know whether you guys noticed or cared enough to see whether all the characters are there in the images, but 6 heroes and many villains are missing in each of these photos. On the part of the heroes, there’s no Valkyrie, Quicksilver, Yondu, Mantis, Nebula and the Wasp. We don’t have supporting members either including M’Baku, Shuri and Nick Fury. On the part of the villains, there’s no Collector, Ghost, Black Order, Alexander Pierce, Aldrich Killian, Vulture, and even Ayesha.
Because these posters celebrate the 10 years of MCU, we could cut them some slack for not putting in the Wasp and Ghost, but still, there are plenty of other main heroes and villains that are not added into these posters.
Similarly, it was good to see the 10 year Anniversary of the MCU and the photo with almost all big name actors, but it was sad that there were some actors that were not present on the shoot. Many big names who missed out on the shoot include – Jeff Bridges who played the legendary Iron Monger, Tim Roth who played Abomination, Mickey Rourke (Whiplash), Sam Rockwell (Justin Hammer), Toby Jones (Dr. Arnim Zola), Hugo Weaving (Red Skull), Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley (The Mandarin), Christopher Eccleston who played Malekith, Robert Redford (Alexander Pierce in Captain America: The Winter Soldier), James Spader (Ultron in Age of Ultron), Corey Stoll who played the Yellow Jacket, Lee Pace (Ronan the Accuser), Benicio del Toro (Taneleer Tivan, a.k.a. the Collector).
Also most Phase 3 Villains weren’t there: Cate Blanchett (Hela in Thor: Ragnarok), Michael Keaton (Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming), Andy Serkis (Klaw in Black Panther), Michael B. Jordan (Erik Killmonger in Black Panther), Daniel Brühl (Helmut Zemo in Civil War), Mads Mikkelsen (Kaecilius in Doctor Strange), and Chiwetel Ejiofor (Mordo in Doctor Strange). Along with these names, the biggest name that is missing from this list is of Josh Brolin (Thanos).
Here’s every actor who was present during the shoot:
- Michael Rooker (Yondu, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Vin Diesel (Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill, The Avengers)
- Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury, The Avengers)
- Jeff Goldblum (Grandmaster, Thor)
- Laurence Fishburne (Bill Foster, Ant-Man)
- Linda Cardellini (Laura Barton, The Avengers)
- Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier, Captain America)
- Mark Ruffalo (Hulk, The Avengers)
- Ty Simpkins (Harley Keener, Iron Man)
- Brie Larson (Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel)
- Michael Douglas (Hank Pym, Ant-Man)
- Michelle Pfieffer (Janet Van Dyne, Ant-Man)
- Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter, Captain America)
- Pom Klementieff (Mantis, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Benedict Wong (Wong, Doctor Strange)
- Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie, Thor)
- Don Cheadle (War Machine, Iron Man)
- Tom Holland (Spider-Man, Spider-Man)
- Dave Bautista (Drax, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Michael Pena (Luis, Ant-Man)
- Anthony Mackie (Falcon, Captain America)
- Evangeline Lilly (Wasp, Ant-Man)
- Chris Pratt (Star-Lord, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther, Black Panther)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange, Doctor Strange)
- Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch, The Avengers)
- Paul Bettany (Vision, The Avengers)
- Frank Grillo (Crossbones, Captain America)
- Letitia Wright (Shuri, Black Panther)
- Sean Gunn (Kraglin, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost, Ant-Man)
- Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye, The Avengers)
- Paul Rudd (Ant-Man, Ant-Man)
- Zoe Saldana (Gamora, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Angela Bassett (Ramonda, Black Panther)
- Jon Favreau (Happy Hogan, Iron Man)
- Chris Hemsworth (Thor, Thor)
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts, Iron Man)
- Chris Evans (Captain America, Captain America)
- Stan Lee (Tons of Cameos, Every MCU Movie)
- Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow, The Avengers)
- Kurt Russell (Ego, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Danai Gurira (Okoye, Black Panther)
- William Hurt (Thaddeus Ross, Incredible Hulk)
- Karen Gillan (Nebula, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Emily VanCamp (Sharon Carter, Captain America)
- Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man, Iron Man)
There’s no family bigger than the Marvel family. Too bad the first edition of Marvel is coming to an end with Avengers: Endgame.
I just have the biggest passion for everything cinematic! I want to share this passion with everyone through my writing about Hollywood Movies and TV. Other than that, I am a big sports fanatic and enthusiast. I’d like to write about my favorite sports as well some day.