Iron Man is a spoilt billionaire son turned superhero who joined “The Avengers” because it’s cool to save the world. He is the most popular Marvel superhero and in a way, the sole anchor of the entire MCU with other superheroes poured in as supporting characters.
In Iron Man 3, Tony Stark said “My armor was never a distraction or a hobby, it was a cocoon, and now I’m a changed man. You can take away my house, all my tricks, and toys, but one thing you can’t take away – I am Iron Man”. He always tries to project himself as someone “larger than life” but as Cap said he is actually nothing without a big man suit.
Here’re 10 things that he has done that are just too horrible but he still did it.
1. He can pretend to be “Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist” but he has actually profited off the death of millions of people. He sells military goods to US Dept. of Defence who then use it to kill people.
2. In the title Iron Man #225, Iron Man discovered that his armor designs have been stolen, he then decided to go after everyone who used power armor ever including Stingray (who was sponsored by the government), S.H.I.E.L.D, Captain America which led to him losing his Avengers membership.
3. In Incredible Hulk #92, the Hulk was tricked into going space by an organization called “Illuminati” of which Iron Man is the chief member. He became a gladiator, killed many people and then came back to Earth for revenge.
4. In 2011, the “Age of X” crossover had a timeline where all mutants are exterminated and survivors were hunted by evil versions of Avengers, Iron Man was the most dangerous amongst all.
5. In “Time runs out” event, multi-verses were destroyed as worlds collided (also known as incursions). Tony Stark knew about these incursions but chose to keep it a secret which was revealed later in Avengers #44
6. In 2003, Exiles #23, Tony Stark became the absolute ruler of the world as he manipulated global economy and instigated war between humans and mutants.
7. In 2016 Civil War II, Iron Man was opposed to the idea of using Ulysses to prevent crimes from ever happening, so he kidnapped Ulysses which triggered Civil War.
8. In 1995 crossover “The Crossing”, Iron Man was revealed to be a traitor who has been working for Kang for years.
9. He released a mobile app to allow people to use Extremis 3.0 to change their body, but then it was revealed everyone has to play $99.99/day to use it.
10. In Iron Man #124, he killed a foreign official and caused an international incident.
Did You Know?