Kashmir is known as SWITZERLAND of India. But why it is to be termed as Switzerland. Kashmir has its own beauty of greenery, rocks, snow and the peaceful mountains.People outside Kashmir still sees it as a major political issue between India and Pakistan and this issue has hampered its nature a lot. There are many reasons which define the eternal beauty of Kashmir.
Some of them are given below:
1. The peace and calm you find in the environment of Kashmir which is equivalent to the soothes you feel after meditation and yoga. Its eternal silence purifies the soul.
2. The greenery and soft water flowing in between in the form of a fountain in Shalimar and Nishat (Mughal gardens) of Srinagar makes you fall in love with nature’s colour in every form, size and shape.
3. If you love flowers in its original form then you must visit the Tulip garden in Srinagar. You will find a variety of Tulips in approx. 60 different colours. The Tulip Show will refresh your mood with its essence and bright colours. The best month to visit Tulip garden is from February – March.
4. Dal lake is the major water resource in Srinagar, Kashmir. You can feel the transparency in the water of Lake. It sparkles when the rays of the sun kiss the water surface. The water plants of dal lake help in the vegetation of crops in Srinagar.
5. The Shikara ride on Dal lake will make your day. Not only the ride but also the beautiful houseboats, small lanes of Dal markets on the lake and delicious snacks of the cafes on the lake are must try. They are present on the other side of the lake. You will find a tiny city on the quiet lake of Srinagar.
6. If you want to enjoy the snow and the adventure snow sports in India then Sonamarg should be your next destination. It is 85km from Srinagar. Many Bollywood movies have been shot in Sonamarg like Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Ram Teri Ganga Maili. There is also a glacier point 2km from Sonamarg where you will find the TRUE HEAVEN on earth. The area is covered with snow at the bottom where Chinar and pine trees are standing pride and the rocky mountains at the top touching the sky and only 2 colours of nature present there – white and dark green.
7. Gulmarg is the place where u can enjoy the snowfall at its best. There are 2 points in Gulmarg where you can reach only through Air Gondola. People having heavy breathing problem may face a difficulty there but the view and the environment will make you forget everything and you will feel that you are touching the sky and playing in heaven.
8. The Kashmiri cuisine makes the mouth watery. Start it with Kehwa (Kashmiri tea) and end it with Kashmiri halwa and in between try some Kashmiri pulao and saag curry. They are really delicious.
9. Kashmiri outfits and the famous pashmina shawls which you will find in a variety of colours and designs. They not only keep you warm but also makes you look fashionable.
10. You will also love the place when you will find humble people around. The local people of Kashmir are not only helpful but also very humble and polite in their communication and nature and possess an immense knowledge of their country. They worship tourist as god and truly respect them as “Atithi Devo Bhavah”
The Leo Bong girl who loves to eat punjabi cuisine. Loves to read,drive, travel and eat. Loves to help those who tries their best.