Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask, act! Action will delineate and define you.
“Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.” Shalom Aleichem
Here are 16 things we should already know about life:
1. Appreciate what others do for you when they do it. You may not always have them hanging around to make you smile. Show them that you appreciate their efforts.
2. Don’t be a bitch and keep talking. Open your ears to what they have to say and listen. In fact, don’t just listen, understand what they have to say. Be giving, try and give back what you get, don’t just sit back and enjoy. Its not a movie show, you didn’t pay for this. You got this because they thought you should have it. Don’t make them regret it, or you will too. You get what you give.
3. Be sorry, be sorry because its crucial. Everybody makes mistakes, but you must realize them. Realize them and don’t repeat them. Just don’t be sorry when you don’t need to be. Don’t be sorry for what you feel and never be sorry for being real. You said what you had to, did what you should, no regrets.
4. Be honest, because lies are monstrous. They bite, kill and leave the person bleeding in parts you didn’t even know existed. Be honest about everything. Even if it sounds harsh, spill it. It might hurt, but its always better in the end. Lies are dangerous.
5. Be adjusting. The world doesn’t revolve around you, your every wish cannot be a command. Adjust according to them once in a while, don’t be pretentious .
6. Pamper them, a lot. It took you effort to get them, the same goes for keeping them. They don’t deserve a dull relationship and neither do you.
7. Respect them in every way you can. If they don’t find it funny, don’t do it. They’re probably hurting, but they won’t say it. Everybody is not the same and everything cannot be explained. Get that too.
8.Talk to them. Tell them everything there is to tell. Let them peep into your messed up soul, not just the upper, worn out layer that you let everyone look into, tell them your precious secrets and get to know theirs.
9. Don’t be a cage, let them fly, give them the sky, because they deserve it. Take a risk and let them breathe the air you don’t like. They probably won’t stop liking it if you tell them to, they might just stop liking you. Be careful.
10. Be the one you want them to be for you, love them like you want to be loved, hug them like you want to be hugged. Behave in the exact manner you want somebody to behave with you. It always works.
11. Be satisfied. You got what you wanted, time to stick with it honey, be happy with it, be loyal to it. This is what you chose for yourself and you better not complain now.
12. Move out of your comfort zone, nothing grows there. Do extraordinary things for them, just for that smile on their face. Make them feel out of this goddamn world, but only if you think they’re the one. Don’t do it otherwise, don’t play. There is nothing worse than making them feel like the one when they’re not.
13. Don’t just say it, do it. Show them what you say is real, and show them that you mean more than you say. Actions speak for themselves. If you say one thing and do something else, how can you expect them to love you unconditionally? Does that seem fair? Nah ah.
14. Trust them wholeheartedly, or don’t. If they love you, you must not care who loves them. You have them, so focus on keeping them. This is something we always forget to do. Love needs nurturing, so do it, and do it right.
15. Take time out for them. Take time out, because moments count. Make memories with them, beautiful memories. Give them no gifts but time. Give them the gift of your presence. Don’t delay, make them your priority.
16. Try being in their shoes once in a while. They’re not always wrong and they aren’t always right, but try and feel what they’re feeling. Just feel, don’t judge. There are enough people to do that. Everybody needs that one person who loves them and understands them without judging them. Just don’t. It feels terrible.
She is an 18 year old aspiring writer. Currently studying literature at University of Delhi. When not busy writing instagram blogs, she’s either trying to polish her singing skills or discovering new creative stuff on youtube. Her only motto for life is to : NEVER GIVE UP.