Modern Family orbits around three different types of families, Nuclear family, step family and same-sex family who live in California. This is a series of how these families deal with their kids, spouses and with each other in a crazy manner. Here are some of the best liners and conversations from Modern Family.
1) Phil: “I’m a cool dad, that’s my thang. I’m hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face.”
2) Mitchell: “I haven’t felt this judged since I forgot my canvas bags at Whole Foods.”
3) Cameron: “I will scrub this place like a crime scene…which it is, because you have murdered joy.”
4) Phil: Well, there’s book smart and then there’s street smart.
Claire: Yeah, and then there’s Luke.
Phil: Oh, he’s just, he’s just curious, that’s all. He’s got this, almost, scientific mind with a thirst for knowledge. He’s like this little Einstein. Some people ask “Why?” Luke asks, “Why not?”
Claire: I ask why a lot.
5) Gloria: “OK, Manny, remember, as soon as you land (in Colombia), watch out for Malaria.”
Manny: “Why? I got a shot for that.”
Gloria: “I’m talking about your cousin Malaria. She’s coming to pick you up, but she might have Rubella.”
Gloria: “That’s her daughter, but make room in the car because she could have Diptheria.
Manny: “Who’s Diptheria?”
Gloria: “Manny, diphtheria is a disease! That’s why I want you to be apart from her in the car!”
6) Phil: Sorry guys, I can’t be in Vegas because my wife’s having a breakdown.’ Believe me, you don’t want to make that call to a bunch of former male cheerleaders. They will mock you with a hurtful rhythmic chant.”
7) Phil: “Your mouth might be sayin hey we cool, but your eyes are like, no you not. Nice to meet you, no it’s not. It’s all good, it’s all…”
8) Phil: “Hey momma bear, you OK?”
Claire: “Not with momma bear I’m not.”
9) Manny: Where did I hear that siren?
Jay: That was your mother screaming.
Gloria: I wasn’t that bad.
Jay: Cars were pulling over.
10) Gloria: We’re very different. Jay’s from the city. He has big I come from a small village. Very poor but very, very beautiful. It’s the number one village in all Colombia for all the… What’s the word?
Gloria: Yes, the murders.