When you go to a pub, what do you order? Is it “Whiskey, on the rocks”, every time? Well, if that’s the case, time to come out of the white and black world and see some colours. Yes, cocktails, it is! When the horoscope of spirits match, they become cocktail!
Well, here is a list of 10 classics, which you should try at least once:
- Margarita: It is one of the classics which contain tequila, lime juice, sweetened syrup and triple sec. There are different variants of Margarita. But, try the classic one!
- Martini: Martini is one of the most common drink anyone can think of when it comes to cocktails. The classic one comes with dry vermouth and gin with olives!
- Manhattan: Generally made it Bourbon or Rye Whiskey, the classic Manhattan includes sweet vermouth and a cherry!
- Sazerac: Well, the story starts when Whiskey meets this special thing called Absinthe and they fall in love. They go to New Orleans and settle there for ever!
- Martinez: It is the sweet brother of Martini.
- Old-fashioned: This starts with muddling sugar and then the bitters and then comes a slice of orange and finally Bourbon with some ice! Old-fashioned gives you a lot of options of fruits and spirits to try!
- Mint Julep: On the same lines of muddling, mint and syrup are the ingridients in this! It is one of the best Bourbon cocktails. Once the mint mixes with the spirit, crush ice in it and enjoy!
- Daiquiri: It’s an awesome threesome of lime juice, rum and simple syrup. One of the best drinks you can have! The pure version deserves a chance!
- Negroni: When vermouth went looking for an aperitif called Campari, it fell in love with him and they became Negroni. First timers may not feel good but as you try it more than once, your taste buds matures!
Sidecar: Orange juice, lemon and brandy! Do you need anything else to know before trying?
There is a cocktail week going on in Delhi (which is awesome!). So, if you are in Delhi, you are lucky enough to get these a little cheaper! So, do try them! And for people who are not in Delhi, you can target one drink per week! But, try before you die!!