Best Places to Stay in Ooty:
Ootacamund or Ooty as it is fondly called is a quaint little town in the state of Tamil Nadu. Known for its colonial English influence, Ooty is a much-favored hill station for people from around the country. The tea gardens that dot the hilly landscape and the ancient bungalows and villas are soothing to the eyes away from the maddening crowd of the cities. The best places to stay in Ooty provide you with the laid back life of the yonder years that no longer exist in the cities.
- Taj Savoy: Built between 1834 and 1865, the Taj Savoy comprise of well-manicured gardens spread over 6 acres. The Taj Savoy gives a colonial feel with its British style cottages.
- Fortune Resort Sullivan Court: Lavish settings of the Sullivan Court draw you to its plush interiors and spacious rooms. Named after the founder of the city John Sullivan, the resort has a history to it.
- Destiny Farmstay: If you want a change from the routine then opt for Destiny Farms. Experience small-town life and scenic views indulge in some horse riding, or vegetable farming, this experience is like none other.
- Neemrana Wall Wood Garden: A heritage hotel made of Scottish style home, the Wall Wood Garden is a beautiful place to stay in Conoor.
- King’s Cliff: A quaint heritage mansion frequented by the British officers and aristocrats converted into an excellent place to stay in Ooty is a must visit. The view is spectacular and is matched equally by the food at the Earl’s Secret restaurant.
- Lymond House: Credited as being the oldest houses in Ooty, the Lymond House offers true Victorian décor, well-manicured gardens and food to match.
- Fern Hill: Standing face to face with the majestic Nilgiris, the Fern Hill Resort is an excellent place to stay in Ooty.
Numerous other resorts, homestays, and hotels make the list of the best places to stay in Ooty but nothing matches the elegance and grandeur of the places listed above.
Also Read: 11 of the Most Extreme Places on Earth