Almost 80% of people now cannot imagine online communication without emojis. Many brands have also begun to use them. That is because emojis allow you to make communication with the audience individual and more productive. You can improve conversion and encourage the consumer to take the desired action.
The main thing is to choose the right channels and messages to contact your audience, videos, and other elements to interest users. Let us discuss the advantages and special features of emoji marketing.
Share your smile
According to statistics, the dynamics of the use of emojis are growing from year to year. From entertainment, they quickly became a natural need as they contribute to an adequate understanding of the interlocutor. Some emojis have gained particular popularity. For example, according to Adobe, in 2021, a laughing person is in the first place – users include it in the message most often.
Thanks to emojis, online communication becomes expressive, more human, and brings addressees closer to each other. During the pandemic, when many processes have completely moved to the network, this is especially true. For business, emojis are more than necessary – as a result, the brand message is perceived faster and better.
Any business, especially on Instagram, does not sell information and a product but a state and a solution to a problem. Emojis add the main thing to interactive communication – emotions. Due to this, the meaning of the main message is enhanced, and communication moves to a new level. It becomes more individual, and audience involvement increases. With the help of emojis, a brand can control the mood and feelings of consumers. There are plenty of tools with the help of which you can create your own emojis and edit them, for example here: https://create.vista.com/features/photo-grid/.
Users react more actively to any text containing emojis. For example, posts with emojis on Facebook get almost 60% more likes and push notifications with emojis get 9% more conversions. Including emojis in the subject line of the email increases the number of opens by several times. On average, their use increases the likelihood of starting a dialogue with the consumer by four times.
Expressive marketing features
Emojis are relevant in almost all brand communication channels: mailing lists, conversations with technical support, landing pages, and business card sites. Emojis will immediately make it more individual, set the right tone in communication, and smooth out possible negativity. However, certain nuances exist as well.
The following ways to use them are relevant:
- Emojis have proven themselves in advertising campaigns. There are many options: you can create a branded emoji and even a set or use an emoji that will naturally be associated with the brand.
- The selection of emojis should be taken as seriously as any action when promoting a brand. It is important to remember that the meaning of the same smiley in different countries may be opposite or have subtext. For example, in the English-speaking community, users often use emojis to encrypt various words or expressions.
- It is worth remembering that some of them may not be supported on different devices. Then, the recipients will see only an empty square instead of an emoji. This invariably produces a negative effect.
- Including a specific emoji in the text in a certain season significantly increases its effectiveness. For example, the sun in winter actively attracts the attention of the audience. The red heart emoji — the most used by users on Instagram — increases engagement by over 6%.
- You can select and check emojis using specialized services. The most famous and popular is Emojipedia. Here is a brief history of each emoticon and how they look on different operating systems. In addition, the Emojisaurus service turns any phrase into a chain of suitable emojis in a second.
- A universal recipe is to use only neutral and positive emojis in the text, which are most relevant to the brand. For clothing manufacturers, any images of wardrobe items are suitable, for restaurants – emojis with food.
- Representatives of older generations most often use emojis literally, while generation Z often shows creativity and selectivity. A simple example is the tears of laughter emoji. A real battle broke out here: zoomers deliberately do not use it, considering it outdated and inappropriate, while boomers have the exact opposite attitude toward this emoji.
- Emojis should be used with caution in business correspondence. Especially when communicating with a person you do not know and representatives of the older generation. According to statistics, almost 40% of the business community considers the use of emojis a sign of incompetence and inappropriate familiarity. It all depends on the specific situation.
What you definitely should not do is use emojis when discussing a serious problem or a sad incident. And also do not add a large number of them to the text. Some users perceive this as communicative aggression. In emoji marketing, the main thing is consistency and moderation. The client will remember not the smiley but the emotions it evoked.