The Red Balloon Movie in Tamil Download — The Red Balloon is a 1956 French fantasy comedy-drama film that has been penned, produced & helmed by Albert Lamorisse. It is a 34-minute short which follows the adventures of a young boy who finds a sentient, a mute red balloon. The film was shot in the Ménilmontant neighbourhood of Paris.
Lamorisse’s children were cast as actors in the movie. His son, Pascal, played himself in the lead role, and his daughter, Sabine, portrayed a young girl.
The movie won numerous awards, including an Oscar for Albert Lamorisse for writing the Best Original Screenplay in 1956 & the Palme d’Or for short films at the 1956 Cannes Film Festival. The movie also became popular w/ children and educators and is the only short film to win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
The film of the film follows Pascal Lamorisse, a young boy who, on his way to school one morning, discovered a large helium-filled red balloon. As he played with it, he realized that it has a mind and will of its own. It begins to follow him wherever he goes and never strayed far from him. At times, it floated outside his apartment window, as his mother did not allow it inside.
- Pascal Lamorisse as Pascal – le petit garçon
- Vladimir Popov as Un locataire
- Georges Sellier as Le marchand
- Paul Perey as Le père de Pascal
- Sabine Lamorisse as La petite fille au ballon bleu
- Renée Marion as La mère de Pascal
- Michel Pezin
- David Séchan as L’autre jumeau en rouge (uncredited)
- Renaud as Le jumeau en rouge (uncredited)
- Albert Lamorisse was the producer
- Maurice Leroux as Maurice Le Roux
- Edmond Séchan
Film Editing by
- Pierre Gillette
- Production Management
- Michel Pezin was the production manager
Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Edmond Agabra was the assistant director
- André Fontaine was the assistant director
- Pierre Vuillemin
Camera and Electrical Department
- Pierre Goupil was the assistant camera / associate camera operator
Script and Continuity Department
- Reinie Bource was the script supervisor
- Lise Haas was the production secretary
- Claire Viroulaud was the press attache: 2007