Forrest Gump Movie Download — Forrest Gump is an American comedy drama film released in 1994. It was directed by Robert Zemeckis and was written by Eric Roth. It was based on the 1986 novel with the same name written by Winston Groom. It casts Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, Robin Wright, Sally Field and Mykelti Williamson.
The story of the film depicts several decades in Forrest Gump’s (Hanks) life who is a slow-witted & kindhearted man from Alabama. He witnesses & unwittingly influences several historical events in the 20th century USA. The film substantially differs from the novel written by Winston Groom.
Cast Of The Film
- Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump
- Hanna R. Hall as young Jenny Curran
- Robin Wright as Jenny Curran
- Mykelti Williamson as Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue
- Gary Sinise as Lieutenant Dan Taylor
- Peter Dobson as Elvis
- Sally Field as Mrs. Gump
- Dick Cavett as himself
- Geoffrey Blake as Wesley
- Sam Anderson as Principal Hancock
- Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Dorothy Harris
- Grand L. Bush, Conor Kennelly, Michael Jace & Teddy Lane Jr. as the Black Panthers
- Sonny Shroyer as Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant
- Richard D’Alessandro as Abbie Hoffman
The film was produced on a budget of 55 million dollars. It opened in 1,595 theaters in the USA and Canada and grossed $24,450,602 in its opening weekend. In the opening weekend, the film placed 1st at the United States box office.
For the first 12 weeks of its release, the film was in the top 3 at the United States box office and topped the list 5 times. Paramount removed the film from release in the United States after its gross hit $300 million in January 1995 and it was the 2nd highest-grossing film of the year behind The Lion King with $305 million.
The film got reissued on February 17, 1995 after the Academy Awards nominations were announced.
Forrest Gump was able to hold the record for being the highest-grossing film by Paramount until it was taken by Titanic 3 years later in the year 1997. Box Office Mojo estimated that the film sold over 78.5 million tickets in the United States and Canada in its initial theatrical run.