Tourist Places in Munnar:
Located in the Idukki district in the state of Kerala, lies the quaint hill station of Munnar. A very popular tourist destination Munnar is often referred to as the Kashmir of South India. The word ‘Munnar’ seems to signify the confluence of the three rivers of Kundaly, Mudhirapuzha and Nallathanni. There are numerous tourist places in Munnar that attract visitors.
- Echo Point is one of the most scenic places to visit in Munnar. The beautiful lakeside, the gentle breeze, and the dominating lush greenery cast a spell that will leave you mesmerized. If you are lucky and the timing is right you can spot the rare Neelakurinji flower abloom here.
- Kundala Dam and Lake is a beautiful water body that offers boat rides in its serene waters with an abundance of nature.
- Attukkad Waterfalls are situated between pallivasal and Munnar about 9 km from Munnar. The waterfalls are a must-visit if you are in Munnar. The waterfalls can be accessed through a wooden bridge only making it even more exciting. The water gushes down a height of 1500 meters making it appear milky white.
- Elephant Lake is a delightful picnic spot where you can spot herds of elephants coming and enjoying a bath or just frolicking in the water. Situated just 22 km from Munnar, the Elephant lake is a popular picnic spot.
- Top Station is a breathtaking spot located about 32 kms from Munnar. The place is named after the railway station that was destroyed in 1924. Placed at an elevation of 1700 meters the Top Station offers a beautiful sight of the valley below.
- Other places include Anaimudi Peak, Chithirapuram, Tata Tea Museum, Devikulam, Chinnakanal, Eravikulam national Park and others.
Munnar experiences pleasant weather throughout the year. The winter chill brings the honeymooning couples closer while the summers attract hordes of adventure seekers. The tourist places in Munnar bring a whiff of fresh air for the visitors after the rugged and monotonous city life.