Best Places to Visit in Nashik:
Known as the wine valley of the country, Nashik is much more than just vineyards and wineries. One of the holiest cities, Nashik plays host to the magnificent Kumbh Mela held every 12 years. Located in the state of Maharashtra, Nashik is home to numerous heritage temples, shrines, and monuments. The city is also endowed with natural beauty. According to legends, it was on the banks of the Godavari River that Laxman cut the nose of Ravana’s sister Shurpanakha as per the wishes of Lord Ram. the best places to visit in Nashik bear witness to its rich cultural heritage.
- Kalaram Temple dates back to 1788 and is dedicated to Lord Ram. the temple has the most beautiful and distinct Hindu style of architecture. A massive temple, it leaves many in awe with its beauty and grandeur.
- Trimbakeshwar Temple is revered as one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. The temple is known to have the three faces which personify Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Mahesh. The temple is considered to be the birthplace of Lord Ganesh and as the origin of River Godavari as well. The temple is situated at the base of the Brahmagiri Mountain.
- Nashik Caves or the Pandavleni Caves are the perfect examples of rock-cut cave architecture. The caves are a set of 24 caves that exhibit the beautiful carvings and inscriptions of the ancient era. Dating back to the 1st century BCE and 3rd century CE the caves depict the rule of the Western Kshatrapas, the Satavahanas and the Abhiras.
- Someshwar Falls also known as the Dudhsagar falls are located close to the Someshwar mandir. One of the most popular picnic sites, the falls are a sight to behold.
- Other places include Gangapur dam, York Winery, and Tasting Room, Jain Temple, Ramshej Fort, Pancvati, Sula Vineyard, Saptashrungi and several others.
The best places to visit in Nashik leave you enthralled beyond imagination. It is one of the most culturally endowed places in the country.